Long bike and recovery....

6 April 2009

Well I found a good route out from home up to Cirencester, along to Minchinhapton back to Tetbury (via Avening - with a biiiiiig hill) up to Westonbirt past our old house in Sherston and then back home.

In all it took 2hr 30m 39s to complete 65.06km - climbing a little 139m..(Wimbleball has rather a lot more climbs than that....) - I set off at about 7.15 and it was below freezing, it took the first 10km for the feeling to come back in my hands but I lost feeling in my feet for the last 10km (a mix of shoes too tight and the cold). The weather though was gorgeous (bright blue skys) at the end - a great morning bike. Just to finish off Lizzie and I took the kids for a walk in Westonbirt Arboretum - lovely.

Today was a little more sedate (sore???)

Morning swim:

400m warm up (100m swim/100m pull/100m kick/100m swim)
8x100m (25m easy/25m build/25m easy/25m hard)
3x50m cool down (each slower)

Evening bike:

Weather rubbish so onto the turbo....down to the last three episodes of Series 1 of 24 :-)

39.8km of the Paris - Roublais classic nice easy pace (av 32kph) with some spin ups (20s build to full pace - 600W+) with 5mins between - I did 5 sets (I think)

Anyway off for supper - 60min run tomorrow - hopefully the rain will stop....

I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll