Hills, hills and more hills!

11 April 2009

Last night I planned out what looked on paper a fairly simple loop from Truro to St Agnes to Perranporth and back to Truro via Goonhavern and Shortlanesend.....I rode it this morning OMG the hills in Cornwall are EVIL......

Out to St Agnes was a breeze although the gears (which I thought I had fixed last night) were playing up.....more of that later.

St Agnes to Perranporth one largish hill and then the reeeeeally challenging bit Perranporth back to Truro hill after hill. I have to admit using the granny ring on my triple (my Trek is a double - much more respectable!) and the 27 on one of the hills - even with this I was out of the saddle for about half a mile - really hard work....

Everything was going well until the chain jammed in the cassette going up a hill obviously I came off (and put a four inch cut in my leg) but the biggest problem was the hill - after I had unjammed the chain I could not get enough momentum to get both feet clipped in so I trudged up hill for about half a mile until  the gradient reduced enough so I could get back on!

Anyway back home went okay in a total time/distance 1hr 54min/36.85km....

REST DAY tomorrow :-))))))))))))

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll