Catch up from a few days

29 April 2009

Well I have been busy over the past few days - as such I have really struggled to get this written. My last post was on Friday and Saturday was a rest day - thankfully, I was really quite tired!!

SUNDAY

Sunday was a big day - I set out for a mini Oly distance practice - the intention was to Swim for 30min, bike 2hrs, run 30mins. Below are the pictures of the day

I jumped in the pool all trisuited up with my transition area (T1) set up in the car. I managed 2000m in the pool with the first 400m at RPE7-8 (5min 50s ish) in just under 30min - managing to annoy most of the other pool occupiers!! Oh well.....

Out of the pool and into socks - wet (need talc - forgot that one) and shoes...onto the bike for a quick 1hr 46mins, below are the data and route used (the start/finish is Westonbirt school).




If you look closely on the data track you can see my speed drops significantly in the middle, twice, this was when my aero bars decided to shift sideways - quick use of allen key later and I was off again!

Again I used a circular lap based route as I really want to get use to going over the same area more than once to practice negative splitting (i.e. going quicker on the second lap than the first!). One other interesting things I remembered as I was going round the route was how hard it is to drink lots of fluid - this is important as I managed to dehydrate pretty badly - I drank 2.25L of fluids but I still needed more!!

Anyway, off the bike into Newtons and off for a 30min route which I was surprised I managed to cover 5.45km doing. A nice easy pace and I felt I could have gone on!

MONDAY
After a quick trip to Leeds in the day - really early get up...about 5am...I managed to fit in some time on the turbo in the evening - I got in 45mins of the Paris - Roublais route - using the gears to lend some effort to the session - power at over 350W :-))

TUESDAY - Long meeting in Birmingham so no training today :-(( early get up and late back

WEDNESDAY
This morning was a good swim nice and  long and relatively relaxed - focusing on stroke -reach and keeping the stroke going through to the next catch!

In total it took about 40mins for the 2300m.

200m f/s
50m kick
200m pull f/s
Downward pyramid (300m, 275m, 250m, 225m, 200m, 175m, 150, 125m, 100m)
50m c/d f/s

Then later I switched off my old Bonty aero wheels (which are now on my road bike) and put my new shiny SRAM S60s on :-))))))

Well I had to go for a blast at lunchtime - and WOW soo quick and I now know what people mean when they say good wheels spin up quickly these do - and want to keep on going. As they are 60mm deep the wind catches them every now an then but hey they are quick! See the data:


Later
I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll