Friday - morning swim set

27 November 2009

A nice relaxing (if hard) technique session in the pool early this morning. After a few more relaxing days it was nice to stretch out the arms! No sign of calf tenderness and the twinge I had in my right shoulder (front of deltoid) seems to have gone too.


200m. (3 lengths front 1 length back repeat x 2)
4 x 100m (1L catch-up, 1L single arm, 1L single arm, 1L count strokes)
3 x 100m @ RPE 12-14, maintain stroke count off 2:00mins.
1 x 100 (1L count strokes, 1L catch up, 1 1/2 lengths finger trail into normal swimming)


2 x 200 @ (1L easy long stroke "best stroke count", 1L strong effort "maintain stroke count" repeat for 200m)
200m choice (1L fly/1L f/s;1Lb/s 1L f/s x2)
50m f/c


Found I an focusing more on stetching forward and opening my stroke up, also getting better at grabbing the watch on the catch. On the last 200s I found it less of a problem to breathe than three weeks ago and interestingly I was doing about 1/2 a stroke less on the hard length and the long easy length..

Tomorrow is a rest day :-) a lie in at the weekend - how rare! - :-))

I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll