Ireland!

3 September 2011

Well we have been here for about a week now - we travelled over to Dublin and have spent the last few days touring the country, taking in the Boyne Valley, Cork and Galway county. All in all a beutiful country - at some point I will upload some photos!

Anyway - today is the day before my last race of the season, Ironman 70.3 Ireland. I have just finished my last brief run - a quick spin up for the legs.

To the race, the swim looks cold and tough - it is a sea swim in Galway Bay, which looks quite choppy this morning! The bike leg looks amazing - the only real concern is the road surface which is, to be honest, quite shocking. We drove the bike course yesterday and there are some great bits but some a truely awful...at least the scenery is beautiful! As for the run well it is totally flat but very exposed....if the weather is nasty it is going to be a slog...all in the lap of the Gods I suppose! At least it looks likely that for the first time Lizzie and the kids might be there to see me off and back in :-) fingers crossed!

One positive note is the awaerness and support this race is getting. It is frankly amazing (for a non mainland Europe race). It is in all the papers, the villages have got the bunting out and loads of support looks likely.

On the fundraising front I am only £40 off my final target of £750 - if you can spare anything for the UA please click on the donate button on the right of this page :-)

Well wish me luck, I am in the 7.05am wave race number 1426 - go to www.ironmanlive.com to follow my progress. I would love to say a sub 6:30 is on the cards but it all depends on the sea, weather and road conditions!

See you on the other side.
BWs
I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll