A quick update from yesterday's race!

5 September 2011

So IM 70.3 IRE - shocking swim and weather 5-6ft waves and a really strong current - no idea on time - they cut it to about 750ish. Bike fabulous apart from the bit where I crashed - came off on a corner 3km from the end - luckily no real damage bike and me bruised/road rash...weather awful - averaged 40-50kph on out leg and just made 30kph on the return - the horizontal rain and hail helped too - I saw four ambulances out...still managed around 2:50 for it tho on to the run - as I thought in bad weather a killer - tremendous headwinds (I went from 6:30/km to 7:30 for most of the return loop) all went okay until about 15km where the wheels fell of a bit and I felt a little strange - needed food and could only manage to walk to the aid station - recovered and finished strong! No idea if time but I finished - there were a lot today who didn't - I am now off to nurse my wounds (lots of them) and recover!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll