Pictures from Galway 70.3

16 September 2011


OK so first off the people of Galway - WOW - really supportive - this is the welcom banner from Moycullen. This was the friendliest place on the bike route - loads of crowds, noise and cheering (BTW the bike is over 6ft high!)


So onto the race - this is the pro swim start - wow they hit the water fast - just google the race and youtube and there are several videos of them going into the water. Awesome efforts from all of them..I am a pretty good swimmer in lakes, etc doing around 24 mins for a mile, but the sea defeated me and I came out around 20mins (for a 1km distance) - the lead guy did it in 13mins!


So how did I look coming out of the swim...hmmm cold, wet and not looking forward to the 850m transition!BTW that is me on the left - not the fit looking chap on the right!


Out of T1 looking a little stressed - the run was a long one and the arm warmers were a bu**er to put on over damp arms! (note to self wear a long sleeve jersey next time)


Anyway onto the bike - great fun hammering along - just wish I held the gut in when going past the camera men - they always get me breathing in - most furstrating (well that is my argument!)





The last shot really shows how much it was raining - truly horrible!! So off the run (after crashing) and onto the run - I look in pain because I was - my hip and elbow hurt....a lot! It is now two weeks since the crash and there is one line that is excruciating to lean on on my elbow and a lump on the bone - I reckon I probably put a small hairline crack in it during the fall....anyway - some good pictures from the run again like the bike showing off the fab BCTTT club kit :-)




Great running style in those last two....Again in these pictures you can really see how horrible the weather was - it only improved in the last 30mins or so - so in the inish line pictures it looks lovely! And finally the finish line - colours are a bit washed out due to the very green carpet and the bright sunshine! Yet again they miss me going across the line and punching the air instead I look like I am waving...grrrr...oh and the one showing the medal is a bit rubbish....



So finally what did the data look like - for all the Training Peaks Gurus out there here it is for both the bike and run...and yes I did hit over 100kph (60mph) on one of the hills - on the aerobars....scary!! oh and youi can see me die at the end of the run as my cadence drops and the walk/run starts! So here they are, the bike:
and the run:

A lot of photos I know - I hope you enjoy seeing them and they give you a sense of the race. It was a hard, but great day. I was very glad to compete and unlike UK 70.3 I think I will be back for this one in the future!








No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll