Highworth Tri - 20 Sept 09

21 September 2009

It was a fun day - nice small friendly tri with a mildly challenging bike and run. I struggled with the race a bit as I swim quickly and as such most of the people in my wave came in the top 10-15 so I lost them all after about the second hill on the bike :-(


Splits


Swim - 5:47:7 (3rd) 
T1 - 1:10.1 
Bike - 43:56.4 (66th) 
T2 - 1:19.1 
Run - 33:29.6 (95th)  


Swim - okay but the guy front Nigel Evans (came in 11th) held me up - he was just going fast enough to make overtaking hard but just slow enough I caught him on every length...but at least I top 3'd for the swim  


T1 - all went wrong - I could not get my Garmin on - (need a w'proof HRM I think) and then I unracked my bike and realised I had not got my helmet on - I reracked my bike put on bone dome and then tried again - as I looked up the marshall was looking directly at me so I grinned and headed off - lucky not to have been penalised...  


Bike - fairly hilly and despite saying in an earlier post it was a road bike course I think it would be faster on my Aerotic...it just rfelt easier last week when I did the recce (plus it was 3mins quicker:frown:)  


T2 - horrible run in from the road and then I could not get my socks on - I know I should run without them but I just cannot seem to do it!!  


Run - completely demolished me. Firstly I normally road run, secondly I use Newtons so for the grass route I had to swap to my heavy trainers - OMG my legs felt sooo heavy....Andy Shipton laped me on the first loop at a huge speed too which was pretty demoralising as I came through T1 at the same time as him...


Overall though good fun - limited goody bag but hey it was only £25 to enter (and the bottle of beer brewed/labeled for the race was a nice treat!) bit stiff today and glad it is the end of the season as I need a break - have been racing since May and keeping that momentum going has been hard....  


Later I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll