Is run/walk better than running?

11 February 2010

Just done a 30min recovery run using the run/walk technique (4min 45s run/15s walk)....managed to go 0.5kph faster than running at same HR!

I need to speak to Mike to see I he has experience of useing this technique as certainly my recovery and feeling at the end of he run is much better.

In addition I did an early morning swim:
400m w/u
6x100m drill (catch/left arm/right arm/finger drag)
Main set done as one legth easy long strokes and three lengths hard strokes but maintaing stroke count (all were done on 16-18 strokes):
2x300m
2x200m
2x100m
100m cool down

Rest day tomorrow!
:-)))




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll