2010 Goodbye! 2011 Hello!!

31 December 2010

So it is that time for my final blog of the old year before the first of the new......so.....what has 2010 been like.....?

From a non triathlon perspective it has been a mixed bag.....
  • Lizzie, Anja, Jules and I moved to the Cambridge area in the middle of they year and what a difference it has made...no negatives at all (well apart from the lack of hills ;-) )
  • I changed jobs from a mad life of flying around the world to an equally mad life of driving around the UK....hmmm....
  • Been to one wedding (my cousin) and one funeral (my PhD supervisor, RIP)
But what about triathlon....how has 2010 been?
  • I am an IRONMAN, it was a hard journey but I completely agree with their tag line "Anything is possible" - if a short tubby bloke like me can do it from scratch in three years anyone can....never listen to criticism about whether you can do it - YES YOU CAN!
  • I improved my Olympic/Standard PB to 2:41 and my Half IM to 6:54
  • I still have big GI issues in anything longer than oly distances...I know I don't have coeliac's or gluten intolerance as I have been tested so it must just be down to ischaemia in the gut during the race....need to work on that I think - I can deal with race pace pain but GI bloating, vomiting, etc...hmmmmm
  • My weight has not gone down enough....still holding steady at 89kgs however at this point last year I was 102kg :-O on the plus side I have dropped a fair amount of body fat however I am waiting for my skin to stop sagging :-(.....nice.....
  • On the plus side my Cooper 12 min test has improved by >400m and my VO2max has gone up, my running has improved dramatically as has my swimming so 2011 looks promising!!
So what does 2011 and the future hold? I am focusing on half IM distance this year. I have still to confirm my final race selection, I will definitely race Wimbleball at the UK 70.3 in June but I am currently seriously considering Ireland's 70.3 race in September too, which only leaves an early season race...probably the Marshman (again a 70.3 distance race) and the future? 2012....Roth...we shall see :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll