Bike Threshold data and a review of the past few days

28 December 2010

Well I managed a bike threshold set today as the pool was closed...

Not sure if I was still tired from the run yesterday but the test felt really hard - especially the 5min max effort!


Used the IM70.3 Ireland course as it provided a pretty flat but fun route...top of the quads really ache now!!
I played with the settings on the turbo software and this test was done with the power settings downscaled by 20% (to 80%) and the calibration factor at 1.7 - whatever tht means! I think it makes it closer to the Computrainer....certainly from the HR output.....
 
So the test was run as (direct lift from TrainingPeaks description from Mike):
 
Start out with 20minutes warm up @ 65% of your max heart rate.

Then do 3 x 1min @ 110rpm efforts with 1 minute easy followed by 5minutes @ 65%

THEN: 5minutes all out
Make sure that you start at a high pace and hold it (The goal of this first part is twofold: first to open up the legs for the rest of the effort, and second, to capture your ability to produce watts in what is called VO2max power) RECORD ave/max HR and WATTS, ave cadence.

10minutes easy @ 65% of maximum heart rate
 
20minute time trial. Do not start too hard! The goal is to produce the highest average watts over the entire period. Ensure that you RECORD ave/max HR and WATTS, ave cadence.
10minutes cool down
 
Wow it was hard work...not sure if I put everything into the TT but it felt that way at the time.... so th outputs from it:
20min = AV - 256W/166bpm/89 CAD : Max - 303W/178bpm/100 CAD

5min = AV - 156W/159bpm/89CAD : Max 314W/187bpm/102CAD

Which confirms that at full power it is >25W out from the computrainer I have done VO2Max tests on in the past...hmmmm

Below is the trace from the effort:

So how has it been going for the past few weeks - in a word hard to juggle things...work has been mad - a few 80+hours at work (overtime ca-ching!) and a lot of travel....but I feel I have progressed with the swimming - at the end of a session I can still bang out 1:15-1:16 for 100m at about 90% effort; my bike has improved and despite feeling tired from it I think there is an improvement in power; and running well this has come on leaps and bounds I managed to maintain around 4:30-4:45/km for the 12 min cooper test :-)

The dieat has not gone so well, I have managed to keep the booze to a minimum and cut out cream, a lot of cheese, etc but I still cannot shift some of those extra pounds, I have lost quite a lot of weight but I guess I am going to have to hope for a miracle in the New Year.....yeah right.....

anyway below are the 28 day stats:

and the 90 day stats:


The rest of the week is another test, this time swimming and then a couple of rest days and a long slow run before doing at least one lap of the Wimbleball route...hopefully weather permitting, etc!


Later
I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll