Half marathon and Recovery week!

16 March 2010

Well I managed it - my first race of the year out of the way, and my first actual running race (rather than a Tri). Firstly WOW runners head off quickly! I now understand why, it separates the field - I tried to keep to my plan 70% HR for 1hr followed by 75% HR for the rest, but all that did was leave me with the back markers - I then spent the rest of the race overtaking people....as it was I kept HR between 155-165 for about 12km and then just dropped the hammer for the last 1.1km - really satisfying overtaking loads of people in the last 1km :-)) - all in all a learning experience! After my let's were quite sore but the 2XU compression wear helped that!

Sunday was the day I was not looking forward to - a 2:45 under/overgearing ride. The weather was awesome - a bit chilly but bright sunshine and clear as a bell - beautiful! Headed out on the protosonic and kept the SCR RPM up to about 85-95 HR around 140-145 for the first 1:30, then upped the ante and overgeared the last 75mins keeping RPM around 60-70 on the LCR, HR the same - except for on hills! Legs felt good but at 2:15 I bonked big time - zero in the tank - had to keep going for about 10 mins until the Viper bar kicked in - v hard!!

Yesterday I got in a 45min recovey turbo set which allowed me to try out my new Tri bars - very cool!!! I have attached a piccie of how my bike looks now - I like it :-)

Today/tomorrow I will be surprised if I get any training in as I am at a training meeting.

Later
I.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll