Wow nearly a week since I last blogged!

10 March 2010

Well nearly a week since I last put anything on here.

It has been a busy week, work has been a bit frantic, training doubly so! Since getting over my cold (well almost) it has been full speed ahead for training.

Friday last week was a swim and recovery run - the swim was great as it include IMs so I had a chance to do some other strokes...the recovery run was jars after though!!

Saturday I went out for a LSD (long slow distance -not drugs!!) run which was fab - I have sorted out the numb feet problem - relaced my shoes and stretched lots! Managed 90mins and about 15km - pretty happy with that.

Sunday I had great plans for a long outdoor ride but yet again it was icy so I did not want to risk it - I spent an hour and a half on the turbo and then went out for an hour - Tetbury and back - SCR for the first 75mins LCR for the remainder - very hard!!!

Monday was a fun day - I managed to fit in an hour on the turbo(aerobic set) and an hour in the pool (aerobic/technique set) before taking Lizzie to Calcot Spa for the day - bliss! One body polish (never had that before!) leg massage (OOOOOOWWWWWWWW) and back massage later totally relaxed - almost chillaxed :-)

Tuesday was a strength set on the turbo - again ow! Building sets of overgearing - hard work

...and finally today - an early gym set working on the old strength and conditioning (bike/scissors/dips/lunges/alt lunges/planks/squat/press ups) all based around a warm up set and a set to fatigue! Followed by a lunchtime tempo run (a warm up followed by a building set - reducing time but increasing effort) very hard!!!

Tomorrow is a rest day - just as well as I has a meeting in Oxford and then Friday is a swim/recovery run before the half marathon on Saturday (apprehensive of that one!!)

Anyway enough already!!
Later
I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll