First update in ages!

7 January 2012

It has been nearly three months since I have even looked at the blog - partly due to the reason below, partly due to work commitments (I travelled 47000 air miles in two months at the end of last year) but mostly due to the software I write with not working! The following entry never got posted but summarises a day after the week before in November last year :-)


"Well it has been a fairly long amount of time since I updated this blog - there is a reason :-)

Last Saturday night at 8:45 I became a father again for the third time. Evelyn Charlotte Iona Sainsbury was born naturally with no problems, both she and Lizzie are doing really well - all very happy and came home the next day. Now obviously this will (and has) had a profound impact on my Training and aspirations for 2012. At the beginning of 2011 I was planning to go long again, probably at Roth or Austria, that has all now gone to the left and my intentions for 2012 are to build a bit of speed and go short - ie Olympic distance - although depending on how life plays out I might put in an end of season middle distance.

As for training well for the past couple of weeks swimming has gone out of the window, firstly because of the distance to travel and secondly as Lizzie is out of action feeding a lot I am doing drop off for the kids. So, I am doing a lot of running (short loops round the village) and turbo work - trying to find time/flexibility to get out on the road is proving challenging....

The final thing that has put a spanner in the works is a knee injury I picked up in August. "


So has anything changed since I wrote this?

Not really....swimming has been non existent since Evie arrived as I have been helping get the other girls ready for school in the morning but running and riding (or turbo'ing as it seems to be) are going okay :-) overall though my training is holding my fitness in check - at least I am not getting slower!! I did 400m in the pool on Wednesday ((as 100s @ EZ/IM/70.3/sprint pace) as part of a longer program) in 5:38 so the rest has helped a bit. My running is improving with my slow pace now being sub 5:45/km (at peak IM training i was doing 6:45/km!!) and I reckon at race pace I would do around 26-27:30 for a 5km now - faster than I have been since I started this tri lark! Unfortunately, though, my bike has suffered - mainly on endurance (as I have not had the time for volume) but also on road time - as I can do almost no road riding - the only chance I get to ride is early in the morning and it is pitch black then - so the turbo is being used lots!! The weight is up too...I have put on 3kg since end of season - I am hoping that changing to in season training will sort that in March.....hmmmm....

My plans for next year are firming up a bit - Windsor olympic in still on and I have entered the IM 70.3 race in Ireland again (great course - hard sea swim, rolling bike course and flat run - it really suits me) but as yet nothing else is confirmed...

Now that the software I use (Blogpress on the iPad) is working again - they finally fixed the bug that caused it to crash with iOS5 - I will try and keep this a bit more up to date!

Away, later....
I.




1 comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll