Weekend training

7 June 2009

Well with less than a week to go now the enormity of what I am going to do next week has sunk in (almost).....this is what triathletes call the FEAR...I have started to become a touch obsessive (Lizzie thinks I have been obsessive for some time...) thinking about the route/the transitions/the "how on earth am I going to get around it" - too late to worry now!

Saturday
I did my first full OW swim session (hey nothing like leaving things until the last minute!!) I covered off three laps (each 750m) of Lake 32 at the Cotswold Water Park in 41mins (well from getting in to getting out - a little more than three laps). The water was quite warm and pretty clear - saw a few fish (including one that was longer than my arm!). It felt fantastic - the wetsuit (Orca Alpha) is amazing v v fast and took all the effort out of it - I just need to reach on my stroke as the wetsuit shortens each stroke.

Straight after this I Jumped on the bike and headed off for a 90min route. out onto the main Cirencester to Malmesbury road, to Malmesbury and back with a few loops of the Malmesbury bypass and town. Pretty uneventful excepet for the first time I have been really close to being knocked off my bike in ages - an 18 wheel lorry was about 2-3ft from me doing 50+mph on the phone, not paying attention - great!

Overall a good training day - not aches/pain felt really good.

Sunday
An 80min run was scheduled - the training programme was not specific of the aims so in keeping with the high effort low quantity I decided to come up with my own plan:

10min warm up
6min tempo/4min recover
10min cool down





As I went a little farther than planned it ended up as 95min run - oh well, good practice!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll