My Last Post before the Race!!

12 June 2009

Well I have not managed to get anywhere with this since Monday so here goes a quick update:

Tuesday T-5days

A day focused on speed techniques:
Swim : 5min w/u, 6x50 Sprint! (RPE9-10), 5min c/d
Bike (on turbo): 5min w/u, 5x2min fast! (3% hill/30/12 or 11), 5min c/d
Run (straight after bike): 5min w/u, 5x1min fast (on flat sprint!), 5min c/d

All hard and I felt quite fatigues after this, early night and from now to race - no alcohol!!

Wednesday T-4days
Easy 15mins continuous swim at RPE2-3 - this felt excruciatingly slow after the weeks of training!
Had my first sports massage from Caroline (at Energize) - was sore but felt really good. Apparently I have loads of scaring on my hamstrings and my Illeotibial band is very tight - all I know is that it hurt!!

Thursday T-3days
A mixed day fitting training in between teleconferences!
Bike: warm up 5mins and then cruise for 15mins (at race pace) - felt really good! New Schawlbe Ultremo R tyres are amazing make the ride much more enjoyable!
Run: warm up 5mins and the cruise at 10min about race pace - felt good but slow!
Swim - short evening training session with Caroline
200m w/u
200m pull
100m b/s
100m kick
20mins of technique for OW swimming - deep water starts/fast tight turns/drafting - really useful

Friday T-2days
DAY OFF!! :-)
time to pack/travel to race venue = PANIC!!

Saturday (T-1) will be a short fast run/bike just to make sure everything works and then rack the bike and forget about everything until Sunday.

Wish me luck, think of me at 6am Sunday - hopefully I will do it in 7-8hrs.....

See you on the other side
BWs
I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll