The last few weeks and today's swim

20 August 2011

The last few weeks have been hard, after coming back from illness and injury following the UK 70.3 I have been builing solidly. This week was a rest week - not that it felt very restful as work has gone nuts (probably because I finish my current role in a week!!). 

Well after a long amount of consideration I decided not to do the Marlow Mile based on the expected water quality - I don't want to get amoebic dysentry two weeks before the Irish 70.3!

So instead I tried out a new OW venue - Redrick's Lake (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=116356055056128) just outside of Sawbridgeworth in Herts. It is a nice, small, friendly lake with good parking and showers (albeit a little basic). The lake has fabulously clean water although at the moment there are times when you could almost walk across the lake (due to weed growth!). Even with that to contend with I managed a 500m warm up, a 23:08 1500m TT - very happy - a faster pace than my race at the Great East Swim and not only did I feel less tired but I was solo swiming and sighting properly (as there were no big buoys!) and a 300m cool down!

Very enjoyable!

The TT GPS track is below:

Tomorrow is 70.3 practice day - 2:30 of Z3/4 TT bike followed by a 15km run...lets hope the knee/ankles hold up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll