Recovery and Illness.....

6 July 2011

So another blog post so quickly on the heels of my 70.3 race report - what has happended!

Well I am ill....first proper bug in ages and a nasty one too...bacterial laryngitis...fever, headaches, unbelievably sore throat,  no voice and gunky green stuff...euch! So it has been lots of paracetamol, ibuprofen, strepsils and klaricid.....fun...

I managed to do a couple of recovery sessions before I was wiped out by the lurgy last week and things felt surprisingly good post Wimbleball, in fact less painfull than post Marshman...really suprising.

I had a long discussion with Mike the coach last week and we decided that the order of the day (possibly month) was no running until the ankle heals assessed through no pain on pushing off the wall during swimming (which is essentially decelerated bouncing/jumping) but focus on swim/bike. We have also discussed the race season for next year and there will be no IM in 2012 - I will be a father again (no.3) and that combined with work/life doesn't leave time for the long sessions for full IM.

As for Henley Challenge swim ...that is up in the air...I really want to do it (I love open water swim races) but if this bug has not cleared it will be off :-( I might just have to find another single OW race to do later in Jul/Aug...

Anyway just a short post today...have to sort things out for a busy work day today and tomorrow before heading to Austria

Later
I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll