The new training year

13 October 2010

I know it is only October but the new training year has begun already! I had the last two weeks of September off completely - I really needed it to recover both mentally (I was frazzled by the year's training and starting to feel fed up with early starts etc) and physically (I had a number of irritating niggles).

So into my second week of training and things are going okay so far - the swimming is picking up, focusing a lot on technique like today's session:

4 x 200 (swim, pull, swim , pull)

4 x 50 Single arm
4 x 50 Reverse catch-up
4 x 50 Kick board
4 x 50 Paddles
1 x 100 Swim - best stroke count
400, 200, 200, 100 (First half of each rep stead and relaxed, second half strong and fast) - Keep form
100 Easy - put stroke back together, finish with good form

A good set felt really smooth. In addition my running is coming back, although I am struggling with residual ankle pain a little - achilles and p brevis both hurt a bit..but the run efforts tend to be focusing on technique and pace rather than distance.....and as for the bike well anything seems a breeze around here compared to Wiltshire/Switzerland (it is a littl eflat in Cambridge!!)

My goals between now and Christmas - pick up the running pace and loose some weight (no booze in the week and NO snacking!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll