Frustration!

20 October 2010

So just as the training was starting to go well - running back down to 5:30-5:45/km times rather than 7min/km I have devleoped a chest infection. There are several nasty bugs going therough Anja and Julia's school at the moment and of course I have to pick one up....I wonder if it is because I am calorie restricting at the moment - in all of my training up until the IM I did not get a single bug even though there were loads knocking about...however as soon as I restrict calories to drop the weight...bang infection city - vey annoying, I'll just have to hope the Klaricid works quickly! Rather amusingly the GP suggested I take at least a week off.....hmmm can I see that happening...nope maybe a couple of days but a week.....

On the plus side however I have started to drop body fat :-) but for some reason not weight well not much....


The image above gives a snapshot of the last 28 days from Training Peaks (the software I use with my coach to manage my training - it is fantastic, works really well and does both nutrition as well as training - the image below shows my training pan for the month - on each day it is possible to look at what training I am doing and below this see what I have had to eat etc that day, that way I can manage colories in vs out.



Anyway for the next couple of days I will be trying to get over this bug and recover - hopefully I can get in a run and bike this weekend - in between sorting out a celebration as it will be eighteen years this Saturday that Lizzie and I have been together....OMG where has the time gone!

Later
I.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll