I am an IRONMAN!

26 July 2010

Hi All

Well just a quick update before I hit the sack - I have a new found respect for IM distance racing - OMFG that was hard

Swim went well but a bit slow due to getting caught in the melee in at the start and around the island

T1 was spent tring to work out how to turn on the timer on my spare (and very old watch)

Bike was immensley difficult (partly due to having no way to measure cadence/HR/speed/pace so it was all done on
RPE) - the best bit was Heartbreak Hill - not as bad as people say and OMG insane support - great fun

T2 was slow as I had to strap my ankle - I pulled one of the ligaments two weeks ago and it didn't get a chance to heal and stuff ibuprofen into myself

Run just hurt - everything hurt big time - plus my fear of GI problems came to the fore with 30K of doing the portaloo to portaloo shuffle after the first 10K

but after all that I came in at 15:18 - I AM AN IRONMAN

Thanks for all the support - full race report to follow

I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll