A BIG thankyou before I race!!

23 July 2010

Firstly a HUGE thankyou to everyone who has sponsored me - I really do

appreciate it!

Secondly, hello from Zurich! The family and I have finally made it to the
(rather wet) shores of Zurich with two days to go to IRONMAN Switzerland.
It has been a hectic few months training which in the past three months
has seen me ride over 1600km, run 200km and swim 80km in training!

The atmosphere here is buzzing with anticipation of the race and there are
bikes and athletic looking people in abundance - although whilst I may
have lost a few pounds in training for the race I am not sure I could ever
be described as "athletic looking"!!

Today I have the race briefing and registration and then bike inspection
before a day of relaxation prior to the race.

On Sunday morning, over your breakfast spare a quick thought for me - by
the time you are tucking into your cornflakes or toast I will be about
3hrs into the 180km bike with about another 9hrs of racing to go.

Also - Anja (my 6 year old daughter) will be just about to start her first
IRONKIDS race (a 50m swim and a 300m run) - please spare a thought for her
too!

If you want to track how I am doing please follow me on
http://www.ironmanlive.com/ I am race number 1405 (or search for me by name). I
hope that I can send a positive note at the end of Sunday or on Monday
morning - wish me luck!

Finally if you would still like to sponsor me for this race please go to
http://www.justgiving.com/Iaindoesanironman - remember any money raised
goes to The Precious Lives Appeal - raising money for a life-limited
children's hospice (full details at the bottom of the email).

Once again thankyou for your support.

Best wishes,

Iain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll