So tomorrow is the Great East Swim....

10 June 2011

For me it is really a bit of a training session with added adrenaline. I needed to do another OW set before Wimbleball next week and venues around here are hard to find, also I it has been ages since I just raced a swim race - so why not....Mike thought it was a good idea :-)

This week has been pretty good - still no running - next Wednesday is make or break day - if there is pain...no UK 70.3 8-O :-(

....but the swimming is going well - today was a sprint set in prep for tomorrow main set was 10x100 (all between 1:14-1:19) and 6x50 (all between 34-38sec)....and the cycling seems better as the power based turbo sets seem to be getting easier :-) 350W seems accepable rather thasn impossible now!

As far as next week goes - it looks like I will be driving down on my own and camping overnight the night before the 70.3 - I have my camping comfirmation :-) so at least that is one thing sorted out!!

Anyway - the taper continues - no alcohol since last weekend (wow alcohol free beer is missing something!!) and the attempt at sorting out my ankles continues with a new ultrasound machine and a roller - The Grid - which hurts....

anyho...I will update after the race tomorrow - my wave goes at 1130 BST - wish me luck!

later
I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll