A quick update on UK 70.3 - full report to follow!

20 June 2011

I survived just...this is the short version the long version is to follow

Swim was okay but slow for me as I sighted off the wrong one of the three buoys near the end of the swim (where was the exit IM hoop they always have) and added a fair distance to the swim doh!

T1 was the usual run half way up the hill from the lake and die and then try and find the bag

Bike was okay apart from shifting my chain into my wheel on the Morebath hill and Haddon hill on lap one and only just not go over the handlebars - I held it on Haddon Hill (and fell off gracefully) but came off properly on Morebath - damaging my (SRAM Force carbon ) gear/brake lever...lap two was good but why did they put no overtaking on the biggest hill - I got stuck behind a slow coach.....

T2 was a BCTTT cluster - managed to leave my Garmin on my bike when the helper took it...I realised in the tent and had to wander around all the bikes to find it again....

and the run...well that is best forgotten...I only decided not to do a planned DNF on Wednesday (I put small tears in my Achilles tendons about five weeks ago) when a test run went okay only to find they were not on the run course - every hill was painful...add to that the normal GI probs (nausea/vomitting/etc - I need to see a nutritional bod I think) and I had a dreadful 1/2 marathon...

but hey I PBd by 53mins coming in at 8:01....a bit gutted not to make sub 8 - I will not be back though...I think less hilly courses are more my thing.....also due to the comms blackhole that is Wimbleball Lizzie had no idea whether I was alive or dead until I got back to civilisation...not popular...on Fathers Day (who chose the date...)....a full report will make it on here when I find the time to write it

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll