a busy week....

1 April 2011

Okay so the last week has been hard. Work has taken me out every day somewhere else in the country:

Monday - Royal Tunbridge Wells
Tuesday – Maidenhead/Exeter
Wednesday – Exeter/Truro
Thursday – Truro/Exeter
Friday – Home :-)

This has meant squeezing in training....

Monday - an hour overgearing on the bike followed by a 40min pacing tempo run
Tuesday - a late night run in Exeter after I had driven down - 30mins at 147(ish)bpm
Wednesday - a core strength set (mainly squats/lunges and single leg squats) with a bit of rest

Yesterday was meant to be a hills interval set on the turbo to build some top end power for Wimbleball:

Warm Up:

15mins EASY spin - build cadence to 95RPM for the last 5minutes.
Include 8 x 30s ILT, straight through
Every 2nd minute focus on smoothing the pedal stroke - no dead spots.
Main Set:
5 x 4min @ 300w (115% FTP) - 75-80RPM
4mins v.veasy in b/t.
CD:
5mins easy (lower HR <100)

Promptly followed by a 28min fartlek run:
4 @70%
2 @80%
1 @85%
x 4
CD: 5min stretch
Which turned out to be a disaster - after driving back Cornwall (left at 8am - did a 1hr presentation in Exeter and then got back at 6pm) I tried to do the set - 1-3 went well then I failed the last one and only managed half the run...not good....


So I had to drag myself out of bed today - really tired...and the session in front of me was:

Swim - Speed Endurance 100s
WU:
400 easy f/c
Drills:
2 x 50 Fins (Kick only)
2 x 25 kick board
2 x 50 Best stroke count
2 x 25 kick board
2 x 50 Paddles
2 x 50 Fins (Full stroke)
Main Set:
2 x (10 x 100m) - (90% AT, medium discomfort)
Coold Down:
100 Easy - put stroke back together, finish with good form.

Started well - nice to be in the pool but felt a bit off going into the 100s. First set ranged from 1:20 to 1:24 and the second 1:22-1:25 so consistency was good but just slow - this combined with my disasterous set last night make me wonder if I either have a low grade bug or am just tired! (very long week at work and quite stressfull....)

At least I managed to get a slot at Marshman on the first week of may - eek only a little over a month to my first 70.3 of the year :-O

Oh well - 3hr ride and a negative split run tomorrow then a dinner party in the evening - four courses moving house between them - should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

3d tags

Flash Labels by YWW

Follow me

Follow isainsbury on Twitter

Blogroll